LIP BLUSH AFTERCARE
What to expect immediately following your Lip Blush procedure:
Intensified color and swelling are part of the initial stages of healing. Be patient. Do not freak out!
The intensity should regress within 3-4 days. The sensation can be comparable to that of a slight burn and minimal scabbing and/or flaking may take place. Refrain from removing the scabs/flakes as you may run the risk of removing pigment in the process. It’s very important to keep the lips hydrated with a tiny amount of Vaseline starting from the 3rd day onwards. The true vibrancy of your cosmetic tattoo will fade about 30-40% from what you walked out with revealing a soft and natural blush tone.
Things to remember while the lip blush is healing:
- Keep your lips dry on the first and second days of the Lip Blush procedure
- Hydrate lips with a tiny amount of Vaseline starting from the 3rd day onwards
- Use a straw while drinking. Avoid too hot or too cold drinks
- Avoid hot, spicy, and salty foods as they may cause added irritation
- Do not pick or scratch the lips as it may lead to a loss of pigment and/or scarring
- Placing cosmetic products on unhealed lips is heavily discouraged
- The texture is normal and is often experienced in the first few days of healing
- Alcohol is strictly forbidden for the following 3-5 days
- Coffee is not recommended for 24 hours after Lip Blush. It makes blood pressure high which is not good for the healing process
- Avoid large bodies of water, direct sun exposure, teeth whitening, rubbing, and smoking
- Refrain from all medications that cause thinning of the blood including but not limited to Aspirin, Advil, Aleve, Niacin, Fish Oil, Vitamin E, and Ibuprofen. Please consult your physician before taking any medication
- Refrain from suntanning, microdermabrasion, derma planning, laser treatment, and chemical peels 7-10 days after receiving Lip Blush
- Avoid exercising and sweating with unhealed lips for the first 3 days
- Avoid Bath submersion or over-exposure to shower water with unhealed lips in the first 10 days
hoW to prepare for lip blusH
Clients who have experienced a cold sore in or around the mouth MUST take Valtrex/ Zovirax on the day and 2 days after receiving this treatment. Failure to follow these instructions can risk an outbreak that can affect the healed result.
Lip fillers must be done at least 2 weeks prior to scheduling this service. Failure to disclose this information may result in a negative outcome.
first 14 days after lip blush tattoo
- No hot sauna, no swimming, no hot bath/shower, no sunbathing, no tanning salons. No facial massages, facials, waxing, threading, laser, or skin treatments.
- Do not expose the area to dirty or unsanitary conditions (dirty masks). Try to avoid being in dusty places.