Permanent Eyebrows Aftercare
What to expect immediately following your brow procedure:
You made it! Celebrate by sleeping in a little longer each day and enjoying your newfound free time. To preserve your completely healed results; apply sunscreen regularly, hats and larger sunglasses are encouraged, and avoid over-exposure to the sun. Chlorine, glycol acid, microdermabrasion, and other cosmetic products can lighten the pigment with repeated use.
When getting any procedures, whether it be cosmetic or not, done to your face please let the individual performing the service know about your brows and continue at your own discretion. We are not responsible for any changes made to your brows in reaction to any additional services you may receive.
The intensity should regress within 3-4 days. The sensation can be comparable to that of a slight burn and minimal scabbing and/or flaking may take place. Refrain from removing the scabs/flakes as you may run the risk of removing pigment in the process. It’s very important to keep the brows hydrated with a tiny amount of Vaseline starting from the 3rd day onwards. The true vibrancy of your cosmetic tattoo will fade about 30-40% from what you walked out with revealing a soft and natural brow tone.
THINGS TO REMEMBER WHILE BROWS ARE HEALING:
- Keep your brows dry on the first and second days of the procedure
- Moisturize brows with a tiny amount of Vaseline starting from the 3rd day onwards
- Avoid hot, spicy, and salty foods as they may cause added irritation
- Do not pick or scratch the brows as it may lead to a loss of pigment and/or scarring
- Placing cosmetic products on unhealed brows is heavily discouraged
- The texture is normal and is often experienced in the first few days of healing
- Alcohol is strictly forbidden for the following 3-5 days
- Coffee is not recommended for 24 hours after brows treatment. It makes blood pressure high which is not good for the healing process
- Avoid large bodies of water, direct sun exposure, and rubbing
- Refrain from all medications that cause thinning of the blood including but not limited to Aspirin, Advil, Aleve, Niacin, Fish Oil, Vitamin E, and Ibuprofen. Please consult your physician before taking any medication
- Refrain from suntanning, microdermabrasion, derma planning, laser treatment, and chemical peels 7-10 days after receiving brow procedure
- Avoid exercising and sweating with unhealed brows for the first 3 days
- Avoid Bath submersion or over-exposure to shower water with unhealed brows in the first 10 days
- No hot sauna, no swimming, no hot bath/shower, no sunbathing, no tanning salons. No facial massages, facials, waxing, threading, laser, or skin treatments.
- Do not expose the area to dirty or unsanitary conditions. Try to avoid being in dusty places.
- Avoid sun/UV rays, sunbathing and pool activities.
- Wear a hat/cap for additional protection.
- Applying sunscreen to the treated area may help prevent fading.
- Following all aftercare instructions will help you to archive the best results.