Saline Tattoo Removal Aftercare
What to expect immediately following your brow procedure:
How to care for your skin immediately after saline tattoo removal. It is essential that you follow these instructions after your session:
IT IS CRITICAL TO FOLLOW ALL AFTERCARE INSTRUCTIONS TO PREVENT COMPLICATIONS, SCARRING AND TO ACHIEVE THE BEST HEALED RESULTS.
- KEEP AREA CLEAN and open to the air. Do not cover it with a Band-Aid or anything else, leave it open to the air. Air/oxygen provides good and faster healing. You should not be touching the area at all but if you find yourself needing to please make sure your hands are exceptionally clean.
- DO NOT SOAK the treated area in water. You can shower as normal but keep the area out of the shower spray the best you can and do not let the area stay wet for more than a few minutes. NO Soaking in water or the scab will get destroyed.
- NO BATHING, SWIMMING, SAUNAS, HOT TUBS, TANNING, OR INTENSE EXERCISE.
- DO NOT disrupt the scabbing process (i.e. no picking, scratching, etc.) All scabbing needs to fall off naturally. If you force or pick a scab off, you will disrupt the process and possibly cause scarring.
- THE SITE SHOULD NOT GET WET FOR 24 HOURS. Once the scab is formed bathing is normal but wash the area gently with the fingers and soap and rinse. Keep the area clean and absolutely no creams, nothing applied to leave it alone. If it itches and it is a safe area other than around the eyes dab with a little alcohol.
- ONCE ALL SCABBING HAS NATURALLY FALLEN OFF, apply one drop of Vitamin E Oil at least once per day every evening until the next lightening or removal session. DO NOT start applying Vitamin E oil UNTIL all scabbing has completely fallen off. It is our goal to keep the area as dry as possible until all scabs have naturally fallen off.
- It is important to the process and integrity of the skin that 4-8 full weeks of healing take place before another lightning session can be done. No exceptions.